| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | I know that the 2 ring Saginaw 4 speed with the 3:11 first gear is the way to go with 3:55 rear gears. However I have a Muncie 2 ring M-20 with 2:52 first gear. Has any of you had this 4 speed behind a 235? If so what rear ratio did you use? I'm open to all ideas as to which rear end to use. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | I thought that 2:20 was one of the other 1st gear ratios for the Muncie M20, M21 and M22 | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | Don you are right about the 2.20 low gear but the two groove input shaft M-20 from 1967 that I have has a 1st-2.52,1.88, 1.46, 1.00. You know what they say "Ya got to run what ya brung". Well this is what I have to use and I'm wondering how this will work with the 235? This was out of a late 60 vette. Wide ratio. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | what size tires are do you have on the rear of your truck? and does your truck have a 3:55 rear gear? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | I am in the building process now. I was going to use a saginaw two groove but I have this Muncie. I was hoping to find some one here that was running a Muncie like mine so I could pick their brain. No rear end yet but was thinking like a blazer or 70's 1/2 ton. No rear tires. I have installed 6 lug front disks. 47 3100 that will have the street rod look with a 235 and muncie 4 speed that I hope will be able to run at 60-65 mph. Getting off the line may be the issue? Thanks for the help, Willie | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | You should be able to find a S-10 rear end with a 3:73 ratio. That will work good with the Muncie and 235. Won't be to doggie getting going and you will still be able to run 60 without running to many rpm's. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | Dan, Only thing is that I have 6 lug front disks installed so I want to keep the rears 6 lug. Are the 4x4 s-10 6 lug? I was thinking they are 5. I would think that some of the mid 50s-70s are six lug and would have a 3.36 or 3.73 rear end that should be close to being as wide as the torque tube rear I want to replace. Now I just need to find it. Thanks again for your help. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 206 | just to let you know, i think you can do a 3rd member swar with a 55-62 rear.
most were 3.9 but some were 4.11 (ods) and autos were like 3.36 or something high lke that. you can also find the 3.36 56ish truck gear sets if you find a 3rd member for it | | |
| |
| |