The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BC59, DadsFirstPickup, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51), 97 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,354
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#924224 03/02/2013 3:19 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 91
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 91
Hi I have a 49 chevy P/U that I am currently restoring. When I bought it all the parts were off of the frame. I had all the parts painted and now I am putting them back on the frame. I am down to the hood. I bought new hood hinges and they came in two pieces. I know how they are attached to the cab and hood. My question what is the best way to mount the hood. Mount the hinges to the hood and then to the cab. or mount the hinges to the cab and then install the hood. I can see it is going to be a task to get it installed. Any help would be appreciated. Any pictures would also help


Thanks Bennie

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
mount the hinges first, then install the hood onto the hinges.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
After mounting the hood to the hinges go to the tech section and look under "body work" there you will find a tip about hood alignment.Good Luck.It may take some time.


Pete

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
leave the latching mechanism off until you have the hood adjusted,or it may jamb when you close the hood.That will really p*** you off.You don't need to ask how I know.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Be sure to get help with getting it in place. Patience is key.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
We always set the hood on first with no latch and no hinges to check the fit and gaps. If it fits well then any wrong fit later on is definitely being caused by the hinges being adjusted wrong.


Evan
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 91
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 91
Thanks for your input I will try this


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0