The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (UtahYork), 117 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#922468 02/24/2013 9:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
I'm putting my 46 Chevy 1 1/2 ton truck back together and would like to see one that is drivable - restored or unrestored. I'm in the Chicago area and would love to come to your home to see your truck. I'm especially interested in seeing your radiator core support and fender brackets. I'm installing my old sheet metal on a new frame and am having trouble getting the hood and fenders to align just right.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
I'm in Indianapolis if you don't find one closer. I would also be glad to take some photo's for you. I have a 46 2-ton that is all together and runs...Just doesn't stop yet!


Randy Domeck
Indianapolis Fabrications
[email protected]
Indianapolis, In. 46254
317-258-0039

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 60
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 60
I have a 1946 GMC 1.5 ton in Kohler, WI. About 2.5 hours north of Chicago.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
Thank you for the reply. I'm going to a car show this weekend called World of Wheels. I'm hoping that I see what I need to see there. If not maybe I'll get back to you and take a road trip to beautiful Kohler, WIsconsin.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
I may have photos of what you need. Visit www.46chevytruck.com and https://www.facebook.com/46chevytruck

Let me know what specific photos you need if you don't see them on the web page
Tim


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
You are my hero. Great truck! Thanks so much for all of the photos and the play by play instructions. I have mounted my cab onto a new 2006 Ford E450 frame with a 5.4 liter engine. I had to fabricate cab mounts from scratch because no one sold mounts made for my unusual project. Yesterday I fabricated the right bracket to hold the radiator core support in place. Next week I'll fabricate the left one. Before I attach the brackets I'll make sure that all of the hood pieces line up properly. When I am sure that they do, I'll attach the brackets and the running boards. At that point I will have overcome one huge hurtle, mounting a '46 Chevy cab to a 2006 Ford chassis. I will still have to alter, adjust or fabricate the firewall and all of the sheet metal parts that are found under the hood, under the radiator and between the engine and fenders. Of course, when it is all done, I'll take it all apart and blast and paint it.

I have a couple of questions about items you have for sale. There are some black bars about 15" long that you have located in your 3rd column 12th row. What are they used for? I have them in my pile of parts but can not remember where they came from. You have a bag of nuts bolts and washers. What parts are they for? Does the bag contain every piece of hardware that I need to put the truck back together? How much do you want for them?

Thanks again for the web site.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by 46chevyguy
....I have a couple of questions about items you have for sale. There are some black bars about 15" long that you have located in your 3rd column 12th row. What are they used for? I have them in my pile of parts but can not remember where they came from. You have a bag of nuts bolts and washers. What parts are they for? Does the bag contain every piece of hardware that I need to put the truck back together? How much do you want for them?

Thanks again for the web site.

Pretty sure you are looking at the seat supports. They go on top of the seat riser/gastank in the cab. The nuts and bolts are a set of bolts for the bed of a 1/2 ton. It purchased the kit from Mar-k (they make reproduction beds) and then later upgraded to the stainless kit.


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0