The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ponchogl, MikeE, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 162 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,144
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#917194 02/04/2013 2:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
I have two very nice air cleaners for my 52 with 235. I would like to know where i can find the mesh filters for these air cleaners?
Thanks, Paul

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
Thats it I LOVE YOU MAN!! smile thanks

Paul

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I can give you a cheaper and just as good a way if you have the mesh surrounds. I went to the local dollar store and bought copper pot scrubbers (yep $1 each) split them and layered it in. Cleans just like the original with a rinse in solvent and looks like it should.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129206782/in/set-72157631867396207

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
I will check this out! thanks

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Paul,
Take a look at this post.
Harold

http://forums.aaca.org/f169/question-about-air-filter-323187.html Look at post #24 and the photo's.

Last edited by Harold46; 02/04/2013 6:03 PM.

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Yep that is what I did and the ones I bought were like the tubes described.

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 872
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 872
Copper mesh? Real oil bath air cleaners uses horse and hog hair! Well, at least mine does (5 of them, to be exact).


Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
We're not talking about "Oil bath" air filters on this thread
farber. We're discussing the Advance Design Chevy truck spark
arrestor and the "real" ones had caged copper mesh in them that
was saturated with heavy oil to catch the dust as it went thru
the copper mesh.
Some of the sealed "oil bath" units that didn't come apart were
stuffed with Sisal, which was also used in the spring cover mat
under the seat upholstery and sisal was used under the rubber
floor mats. I've never been able to find a source for loose
sisal in bulk. I have found 2" thick rubberized sisal batting
which was colored a god orful blue. Another material that was
used back in the day as stuffing or matting was coconut fiber
which looked very similar to sisal. Under a microscope you can
distinguish the difference between the natural plant fibers and
animal hair.
Denny Graham
Somewhere north of Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0