| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 | I will be attempting shortly to replace my worn out upper bearing in my 1950 chevy steering column. My stearing wheel is already remove and I have the replacement kit on hand. I have never attempted this before and leary of damaging the column. Can someone guide me throught the steps? Some say I need a puller to remove the bearing others say it's not necessary. Thanks
Last edited by DJRoy; 02/02/2013 5:22 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | look at your replacement - the flange on it fits against the top end of the column tube - all you need to do is use a flat screwdriver or stiff putty knife to gently tap up on that flange to get the old one out, then hand press the new one in - piece a cake
Bill | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 | thanks, with you info it was a lot easier than I thought it would be | | |
| |
| |