| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby),
104
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 | Hey guys, I've got a 52 chevy half ton and I would like to upgrade to a double tub master cylinder on the cheap with out a lot of fab work. Any suggestions? Thanks
above all this old truck has taught me patients!
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 | Im thinking of a double master with out power booster, Im also thinking your 59 is flippin sweet!!!!
above all this old truck has taught me patients!
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | TeeRoy is right that 59 is fine. Will my 47 1/2 ton need a power booster? It will have front disks and good rear drums. We are talking 55-60 mph. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 166 | Thanks for the compliments guys! You both will probably be fine with manual dual M/C's. My truck is 3/4 ton so it already has bigger brakes and the setup I have will just about toss you thru the windshield if you hit the brake pedal hard enough! Darren | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 | Yea, Im hoping to find a dual master that bolts in the stock location , four seperate lines and just a safer set up that still looks close to stock.
above all this old truck has taught me patients!
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | TeeRoy there is one in the LMC book that is duel for $260. It says it is for disk front and drum rears. That is what I need but way over what I was thinking I would have to spend for a master cylinder. You find what you were looking for? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | Here's an example of the adapter bracket. link Its available from almost every supplier. You can source the master cylinder from your FLAPS. I used a 67-69 C10 one. regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 31 | kswillie, Im still looking. I've seen some double masters that look like they might. work at CPP. for a really good price! Leon Thanks for the heads up on the bracket thats the part of the switch that I was most concerned with !
TeeRoy
above all this old truck has taught me patients!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | Here is one from truck and car shop. http://www.truckandcarshop.com/4759.htmlDUAL RESERVOIR MASTER CYLINDERMOUNTING BRACKET KITS 47-09423 47-55 1st. . . . . . . $ 79.00 kit 55-09424 55-59 . . . . . . . . . . .$ 79.00 kit you can look at their catalog to see the other brake parts and nice ride hope my 1956 looks that way some day.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | |
| |
| |