The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Simso, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Hey guys, I've got a 52 chevy half ton and I would like to upgrade to a double tub master cylinder on the cheap with out a lot of fab work. Any suggestions? Thanks


above all this old truck has taught me patients!
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
Here's what I used on my '59. No fab work at all, just had to drill a couple holes in frame for brace. Probably would even be fine w/o extra brace. You might see if one is available for your truck.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-brake...arts_Accessories&hash=item35c3b6d356

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Im thinking of a double master with out power booster, Im also thinking your 59 is flippin sweet!!!!


above all this old truck has taught me patients!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
TeeRoy is right that 59 is fine. Will my 47 1/2 ton need a power booster? It will have front disks and good rear drums. We are talking 55-60 mph.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
Thanks for the compliments guys!
You both will probably be fine with manual dual M/C's.
My truck is 3/4 ton so it already has bigger brakes and the setup I have will just about toss you thru the windshield if you hit the brake pedal hard enough!
Darren

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Yea, Im hoping to find a dual master that bolts in the stock location , four seperate lines and just a safer set up that still looks close to stock.


above all this old truck has taught me patients!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
TeeRoy there is one in the LMC book that is duel for $260. It says it is for disk front and drum rears. That is what I need but way over what I was thinking I would have to spend for a master cylinder. You find what you were looking for?

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
Here's an example of the adapter bracket.
link
Its available from almost every supplier.
You can source the master cylinder from your FLAPS.
I used a 67-69 C10 one.

regards,
Leon

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
kswillie, Im still looking. I've seen some double masters that look like they might. work at CPP. for a really good price! Leon Thanks for the heads up on the bracket thats the part of the switch that I was most concerned with !

TeeRoy


above all this old truck has taught me patients!
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
Here is one from truck and car shop.

http://www.truckandcarshop.com/4759.html

DUAL RESERVOIR MASTER CYLINDERMOUNTING BRACKET KITS


47-09423 47-55 1st. . . . . . . $ 79.00 kit

55-09424 55-59 . . . . . . . . . . .$ 79.00 kit

you can look at their catalog to see the other brake parts

and nice ride hope my 1956 looks that way some day.


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0