| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Southerntruck, Gray_Ghost, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, JW51, MRMEROTH11, Mike Burns, KEVINSKI),
77
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,396 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#90963 08/14/2004 5:28 PM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 105 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 105 | Just replaced my sending unit. Gauge still didn't work. I got it to work, sort of, by grounding the sending unit mounting plate. Now on a full tank, the gauge reads 7/8 full. The gauges were new about 10 years ago. Any idea how I can fix this? | | |
#90964 08/14/2004 10:21 PM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 15 | I just bought a 72 p/u and my gas gauge was not moving. I just ordered a new gauge cause the old one was very stiff and didn't want to move. I hope that fixes my problem. I wonder if you could adjust the float in the gas tank to correct your reading. Of course you would have to check the empty position also. | | |
#90965 08/14/2004 11:18 PM | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 | I don't know if this is against the rules or not. This guy will tell you everything you never wanted to know about trouble shooting you gas gauge woes. http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/gasgauge.htm
'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
| | |
#90966 08/15/2004 5:17 PM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 15 | Thanks Richard! Thats exactly what I needed. | | |
| |
| |