The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
Just replaced my sending unit. Gauge still didn't work. I got it to work, sort of, by grounding the sending unit mounting plate. Now on a full tank, the gauge reads 7/8 full. The gauges were new about 10 years ago. Any idea how I can fix this?

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
I just bought a 72 p/u and my gas gauge was not moving. I just ordered a new gauge cause the old one was very stiff and didn't want to move. I hope that fixes my problem. I wonder if you could adjust the float in the gas tank to correct your reading. Of course you would have to check the empty position also.

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 499
I don't know if this is against the rules or not. This guy will tell you everything you never wanted to know about trouble shooting you gas gauge woes.
http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/gasgauge.htm


'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
Thanks Richard! Thats exactly what I needed.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0