The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TUTS 59, RaNfLaS, Simon1954, 50Chevy3100, Shaffer's1950, 78buckshot), 125 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,155
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#908985 01/05/2013 9:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
I want to put bags on my truck to slam it but I don't have the $ for the kit I wanna go with! So I'm lookin at springs what companies should I go to I'm on a budget but I don't want the truck all over the road cuz a skimped!! Thanks

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
swap the rear springs with late70s-mid80s monte carlo rear springs and cut 1&1/2 coils from the stock springs

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 01/06/2013 7:08 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
jayrod #909115 01/06/2013 10:28 AM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
I used the 2" drop spindle with the full size springs. I haven't driven it enough to tell you much more.

jayrod #909156 01/06/2013 12:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
To get the quality, fit, finish & overall performance, you are looking for, save your money and get the kit you want. Before you are done, you end up there anyway.

Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Have U considered installing the Front bags only Probably less than springs. Dont buy the compressor and controls. U woould be unable to control the lift from the cab but you have no control with the fixed springs either U could run a fill line to a convenient spot, When U get the $ start adding the additional parts


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0