The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wayne67vert, dunfire), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90584 08/23/2004 3:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84
Now that I converted to 12v, do I need to put a resisitor on the manifold mounted horn on my 49 stovebolt?

#90585 08/23/2004 5:59 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I switched my Pontiac to 12V and the horn's been just fine since last October. Course I don't use it much 'cause it sounds like a freight train...


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
#90586 08/23/2004 7:05 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84
Thanks! A seldom used horn is a sign a good driver and silence is golden!

#90587 08/23/2004 12:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
I used to put 6 volt horns on my 12 volt cars all the time. They really scream when they get hit with the double voltage! I didn't use them that much but they got everyone's attention when I did. Never had a problem with them burning out.

#90588 08/24/2004 4:40 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Mine's been running on 12 for 4 years, but I don't use it much and when I do it's just a short honk.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0