The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#901946 12/07/2012 5:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Ok gentleman I have a 38 GMC, it has been changed over to 12 volt neg ground and I am running an alternator. Right now I am using the original gauges but will be replacing with different/new gauges (77 Datsun 280Z gauges) I know how to by past the amp gauge but I am having a massive brain fart on how to hook up the volt gauge. Can I just hook the volt gauge up to to switched side of my ignition switch it is the original switch (just on and off no start) or is there some other place that is better. I have a rebel wiring harness in my truck and I did all the wiring ?????


Thanks

Last edited by TheShoer; 12/07/2012 5:49 PM.

1938 Gmc 1/2 ton
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
just use a "t" splice off of the gauge power wire. i've used many rebel kits, and works for me.

daren


1952 GMC 1-Ton
1946 plymouth
1947 ford
custom builder
http://www.doublegcustoms.com
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
so I could add a wire for the volt gauge right where I splice the wires back together from the amp gauge.

Thanks


1938 Gmc 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
That would work.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
yup

daren


1952 GMC 1-Ton
1946 plymouth
1947 ford
custom builder
http://www.doublegcustoms.com
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
told ya I was having a brain fart


1938 Gmc 1/2 ton

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0