The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, Cletus1950, Wayne67vert, Peggy M, 59 fleet), 163 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,217
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#901513 12/05/2012 9:59 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here.

I have a 1953 3600. I've changed out the 3600 Pittman arm & drag link & used a 3100 axle, with 54 car drums ect.Now I have 15" car rally wheels on it.

I dropped the 3/4 rear end & i'm using a 68 Chevelle 3.36 rear end complete to go back in it. Now,can I take out every other leaf, on the 3600 stock set of springs and get a decent ride?

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
Sounds familiar. I found taking out 2 leaves in the rear helped a little but my 3600 still is pretty stiff in the back. Going to 1/2 ton leaf springs in the front made a huge difference along with radials. It is still far from car like



1950 Chevy 3600


Instagram/Olbluechevytruck
on Classic trucks:
http://rides.classictrucks.com/ride/1085750/olblue/1950/chevrolet/c20/
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
What is the difference between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton front springs?

I was told there were the same except the 3/4 tons had additional overloads.


Click the link to see my truck.

http://smu.gs/OuBwfv
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
I thought the 3/4 were heavier but now that I look at my pics I kept the 3/4 front springs on olblu and just removed a couple. Memory must be going


1950 Chevy 3600


Instagram/Olbluechevytruck
on Classic trucks:
http://rides.classictrucks.com/ride/1085750/olblue/1950/chevrolet/c20/
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by benson
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here.

I have a 1953 3600. I've changed out the 3600 Pittman arm & drag link & used a 3100 axle, with 54 car drums ect.Now I have 15" car rally wheels on it.

I dropped the 3/4 rear end & i'm using a 68 Chevelle 3.36 rear end complete to go back in it. Now,can I take out every other leaf, on the 3600 stock set of springs and get a decent ride?


What did you use for a driveshaft?


Click the link to see my truck.

http://smu.gs/OuBwfv

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0