The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy), 67 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Happy Holidays!

I'm shopping for a gift for my mother. Has anyone seen any high quality tool bags worth mentioning? She needs something small for projects around the house.


Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Klein, Not sure if they're US made (I'd guess so) and they are very nice.
http://www.service.kleintools.com/Tool/PRD/Category/Tool%20Bags%20TOOLBAGS

I have a nice "riggers bag" from Duluth trading, US made I think, but they don't offer the same thing any more and what they do have is imported.

Here's a great option, a good friend of ours makes these bags just an hour and a half down the road. I'm sure you can have exactly what you want made if she dosen't have it listed.
http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/categories/All-Products/
More examples
http://tfguild.stores.yahoo.net/newguildgear.html
I have a few chisel rolls myself and have seen many examples of her work first hand, they're nice and quite sturdy.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,258
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,258
The local Lowes and Home Depot have a decent selection. I put them through the riggers of my job and they seem to hold up.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
M
mo Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
i actually bought my mother a little toolbox with the basics in it many years ago. she still has it and uses it all the time. i know she loves it because she has bought about the same thing for other people throughout the years. there very handy. MO


MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
My friend has what she calls a tool box in her condo. A small plastic box with a VISA card in it!
Home Depot had a nice small Husky-brand bag with about 11 side pockets on special for about $12. Saw it a few times and procrastinated about buying one. When I did go back they were sold out. Seems they were a special order and not on their web site either.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0