| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Barry Martak),
117
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,381 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 | How do these contact patterns look? I want to get oppinions before I reinstall the third member. Drive pattern Coast pattern | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | You got it David. Looks like they're making contact right down the center, couldn't get much better than that, it's just where you want it to be. What rear end is it that you're working on? Sounds like you have an open rearend installed in your '52. Denny Graham Somewhere north of Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 | Thanks Denny. It is the stock closed rearend out of the '52. I just installed new ring and pinnion from Patricks. Good thing I did as the main (double row, front) pinnion bearing lost the ball retainers and it got chewed up along the way. I think I will go ahead and bolt in the third member now and call it a day.
Update: I emailed the photos to Patrick for a second opinnion. He almost immediately called me on the phone and asked the details on how I set up the gears. He discovered that I loaded the ring/pinion backwards when producing the contact pattern and had me redo it properly. Provide resistance on ring gear and turn driveshaft (I did it backwards). The new contact pattern was slightly different and I emailed them to Patrick. Again, he almost immediately called back and said bolt her up and go drive. I wish it was that easy...truck is probably 12 months away from the first drive. Oh well, at least I can finish up the rear end with confidence. Patricks is a top notch vendor and very willing to help. Highly recommended in my book.
Last edited by DavidF; 11/28/2012 9:59 AM.
| | |
| |
| |