Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 | Hi all. Got the 60 on the road again and realized I really need to replace the 52 yo wiring. I have been searching what others have used but couldn't find a thread that listed more than a couple manuf. It looks like Painless is high priced but seems like a nice kit. Lectric has a great site with lots of info on their kit. A little less than Painless. Looked at their custom update series as my truck has hei,one wire alt. Vdo gauges etc. Rebel wiring is really inexpensive but had no info on their kits that I could find. I am leaning towards Lectric but if Rebels kit is good I would consider it for the price.
Any comments , stories , links would be great. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 | i used Lectric and couldn't be more pleased | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 | + 1 for Lectric. I like that they give a lot of info on their product. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 | What is the cost of the Lectric for a 1950 3600 6V ?? How does that compair to what JC sells? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 142 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 142 | Used ez wire on my 49 f-1.Had good info,workes fine.Also got it on e-bay for 20$. It was new,no one else bid. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 | I also used ez wire. It was easy!  Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I used A Hot Rod Wires harness in my '56 and like it so well I bought another for my '54 GMC project. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 133 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 133 | i've used 3 rebel kits.i like them and have one on the wall for my 47 1.5 ton going in this winter. can't beat 'em for the price, and they go in easy.
daren
Last edited by darenhg72; 11/19/2012 6:26 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | I used the EZ Wiring kit.My only problem was the wire print is very small for these old eyes. I did notice American Autowire is having a 12% off sale beginning 11/23. They are the most expensive to buy though.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I have a painless kit for my 46. The instructions are clear and it comes with almost everything you need, and for mine it plugs directly into the GM column, headlight switch, etc. It's super easy and I don't think the cost is very high for what you get! | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | I used a Painless Universal Truck harness I bought on E Bay for $ 100.00 ( Brand New ). Worked great and good Tech support when you get stuck. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 24 | Lots of good replies. I am going to check out EZ wire . I suppose Painless , Rebel or others may be better but Ez seems good. They show the crosslinked polyethylene wire in their kits. Hotrod wires looks good as well. Around $200 for Ez - $270 for Hotrod wires so not bad.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 150 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 150 | I got a set from Speedway. Everything was well labeled and laid out and good instructions. Since this was my first time and I was building the truck from scratch (new engine, column, heater/AC, wipers, etc) I had a few questions which Speedway's tech folks were glad to answer. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | We use the factory-fit/factory-correct wiring harnesses, manufactured by: M&H Electric Fabricators, Inc. www.wiringharness.com | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 901 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 901 | I bought a replacement stock wiring harness running an alternator for my 55.2 Chevy 3100 from American Classic Truck Parts. Haven't installed it yet, but the intstructions are not very good. I don't think I would recomend this harness to anybody.
Brian 1955.2 3100 Truck The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 133 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 133 | i've used a stock replacement harness from there and would not recommened it unless you are going for stock-original. basically no instructions.
daren | | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | Ron Francis has some good stuff they will send you a catalog thats pretty impressive and very informative.
As far as discounts I was reading in the H.A.M.B. if you belong to that forum and mention their name you can get a 10% discount from Rebel if you mention it. Maybe they should do that here.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | |
| |