The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (baldeagle, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,468
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#888822 10/12/2012 1:17 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 201
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 201
Hey All, I got a 54 3100 with the stock doors, (push button handels and vent window). Im wondering if any of you have installed a one piece window to eliminate the vent window and still kept the push button handles? Can it be done failry easily?


1955.1 Chevy 3600 NAPCO Truck
In the Gallery
1957 Chevy 6400 US FOREST SERVICE
Here's a long list of all my STUFF!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
It's been done a lot, but you probably won't find the answer here. You're better off to check a board for customized trucks.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
If you are going to some fairly major mods why not get rid of the LOUSY GM latch design and go with bear claw latches. There is an outfit called "Trique Latches" that makes an all bolt in no welding required set up for the 47-51 doors.


Evan
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
THAT's what I've been looking for, coilover.
I can NOT get these old doors to adjust right, no matter WHAT I do, and I am frustrated by them. I will be looking into the Trique Latches. Thank you very much for the tip!!!


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Trique-1947-51-Chevy-Pickup-Bolt-In-Bear-Claw-Door-Latches,46361.html

$345.99

(Ouch...)


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I've seen and tried a set, they really are nice!
I'm soon to order a set for my 48.
If you're an Aliance Member over at the HAMB you get a 10% discount from the manufacturer
http://www.triquemfg.com/category-s/1821.htm

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
I probably should too.
My driver's side door opened up on me this morning while I was driving down the road and I'm SICK of it. I want these doors fixed once and for all!!!



52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 201
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 201
Interesting, well looks like I will be converting all my doors to that bear claw, so it wont work with the 51-54 doors? And would I be able to use the push button handle on the 47-51 doors with the bear claw?


1955.1 Chevy 3600 NAPCO Truck
In the Gallery
1957 Chevy 6400 US FOREST SERVICE
Here's a long list of all my STUFF!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
If there is a compatibility issue with the different AD doors, then that could still be a problem for me. I have a 1952, with 1949 doors because the guy who I bought the truck from wanted the vent windows.

You know what I might end up having to do?
I might have to roll up my sleeves, buy the mechanism I want, and do whatever cutting and welding I need to do to make it work.
And I'll bet it will come in cheaper than $345 too, provided I do it myself.

...Frustrating.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I have a 48 cab with 48 doors (original)
Plan to use 52 door handles on it because I like them, need to weld in the proper reinforcing plate from the 52 and change a few holes in the door skin. Also using aftermarket latches in the swap. Not sure if later model latches fit the older doors (with exception of outside handles) I'd guess they do?

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0