The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GRNHydra, Oswald, Southerntruck, 1955 1 Series, Nick in Manitou, Wayne67vert), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Anyone interested in a day trip Junkyard tour one of these next few weekends?
George how are things looking over there?
I could use some inspiration and a few parts for my project.

Also welcome any helping hands and ideas on how to finish my 48 by May.

Thanks,

Grigg

Last edited by Grigg; 10/30/2012 3:19 PM. Reason: date

•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
I'm very interested.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
Fellow brothers,

I would be very interested as I am dealing with cabin fever as I recover from shoulder surgery, but the doctor says no. so enjoy and happy hunting.

John G


1942 G5106 1.5-ton Chevy cargo dump Gallery page




Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
T/Sgt. Gott (28 years of service with the USPP)
1940 Chevy G506 4112 cargo dump
1942 Diamond T G509 969A 4 ton wrecker
1942 Ward LaFrance G116 series 2 10 ton wrecker
1944 Ward LaFrance G116 series 5 10 ton wrecker
1931 Ford AA with a WEAVER crane
1944 Sterling HC 165 tractor
1944 Autocar U7144T w/ 10 ton trailer
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Grigg,

I'd love to go, but I'm only available on weekends...I went back to work two weeks ago.

I'll stay tuned to see what you all come up with.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Since I blew off Winchester, I feel like I need a fix. Besides I bought some new tools that I need to get dirty. Milliman owns me though, so I have to make sure the trees are planted first.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
I'm free most weekends so let me know what date works for those who want to attend. This would be another recon for the main event tour, usually held in Feb.

Remember- A day in the junkyard is a good day.

George

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
How about Saturday Nov. 10th.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Count me out -- We're into our busy season. Besides, 10th is the sale next door and I can't miss *that* wink

Y'all have fun and I'll catch up after New Years.

smile
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
How about 11-3? After the third my month is booked solid. darn book club!


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Either can work for me if we decide soon.

All up to George, think he's busy next Sat. though.
Or any chance Frankie is there Sunday?

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Sunday's are good for me unless it is later on a Saturday. Where is the junkyard located MD or VA? Thanks V/R, Nick Bel Air, MD

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Sunday 11-4 is good for me also.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 127
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 127
Can a new guy tag along? Dates mentioned could work for me.


52 3100 project
54 3100 / 3112 ice cream truck, next project
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Nick and all. Frankie's, our junkyard of choice, is owned and operated by one of Brother Van Orden's good friends. Along with Frankies, there are a few other yards close by George's house in Fulks Run Va. Its off of 81.....


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
The junkyard is shut down on Sundays. The 3rd, 10th, or 17th will probably work for me. Pick a date and let's roll.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
11/3 good for me, y'all mind to bring yore West Virginny passports lest ye be barred from entering said country.

passport totin president

Cosmo


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Let's nail down 11-3 before the book clubs calls in a emergency session.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Next Saturday it is then.
Making my shopping list already and Llooking forward to it.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Awesome what time and where?


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
The usual, lets plan to meet at George's early Sat. Morning and head out from there. (West of Broadway, VA)

Phillip, if you want to come over here fri. Night and leave in the morning that'd be fine.

It's about an 1:20 drive for me, I'd like to be there 8:00 ready to go, make the best of the time we have.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
Sounds good. For GPS directions:

14595 Buckhorn Dr.
Fulks Run, VA 22830

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Reluctantly, I am going to pass, as it is 190 miles and 3.5 hr drive from first meeting point. I would not be able to leave until 10 a.m. after delivering bread to grocery stores all night for my part time gig to pay for our insane restoration habit. Please if anyone happens to see any 47-53 suburbans I'm looking for rear passenger side outside window molding. Thanks guys. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Nick I might already have your molding.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Phil, It's the molding for the very rear passenger side window. I was at my restorer this A.M. at Winchester, VA and probably will be there montly as this small shop is doing metal work for me. Perhaps, you could see the project the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we could meet. If you had that molding that would save me some for not having this guy fabricate one. Thanks. V/R, Nick

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Pm sent


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
PM Sent

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Wondering how much snow youall will be tramping through.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
Snow should miss us... we'll see.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
The projected forecast for Wed-Sat is low 50's and 30's day and night. I'd guess any snow will be gone and if the breeze sticks around it'll be reasonably dry too.
Sounds like perfect weather for a junkyard trip!

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
The weekends have gotten away from me of late and the weekend after next I will be at Friendship Forest so I need to spend next weekend around the house. Plus, who knows what Sandy will add to my chore list. Shes already wipping up pretty good around here. I hope it won't be too bad.
You boys have a good time and if you see any of these off a late 50s big GMC, grab me one.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2547838270083734483sYqwhr


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Billy,

We'll have several sets of eyes out for those pieces. Are they hood or door handles?

Regards,

Cosmo


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
I can't make this one, but should be ok for the winter classic.

Have fun!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Billy -- I wish I knew you needed those. I had an NOS set that I just threw in the landfill... Sorry. I bet you wanted those horns I had, too ... Wish I had known ...

smile

Any moment now I'm expecting to test Mike B's handiwork in wiring up my generator cutout panel ...

:|

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Sorry for the delay in response, lost power (and cable) at 6:15 last night. I figured we were out for the duration but it came back on at 9:30 and never went off again! Got to love BGE!
Cosmo, they are door handles.
Landfill Boy, hows the generator wiring going?


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Billy -- Never got to try the new generator set up as our power service never got interrupted. smile Looks like all we'll have to deal with is just some yard debris. Tough old farm.

Traded texts with Fireboy -- he and the lifeboat spent the evening at the firehouse doing tree calls.

smile



~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
John,

Now that your house and generator are set up you won't need to use it...isn't that the way it works?

Did you pull the wire for the shed lights yet? I'll be down on the 10th for the auction...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
On my list for the 48 on Saturday:

-Both headliner retaining/divider strips.
-Right window regulator (no vent window)
-Dome light
-Some sort of windshield squirter nozzle(s)
-Heater delete plate for kick panel
-Ask about a 261 for a friend



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Grigg,

Are you looking for a 261? I have on that I think will run without to much effort.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Mike,

No, I don't have the wire pulled yet. smile

Grigg -- If you don't find a window regulator (no vent window), I think I have one for you here.

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Thanks Mike,
A local friend is looking for one, I'll send him your way for questions/answers.

John,
Thanks, I also found in the catalogs last night they sell a replacement shaft and I could rebuild mine, I'll let you know what we find/decide.

Only a few days to go!

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0