The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (CandoBrent, 2-Ton, 59 fleet, MikeE, ShopRag), 129 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Hello all. I noticed that there is a Chevy Chassis Manual for cars of '36, but is there any similar publication for '36 trucks? I'm looking for diagrams, etc of how the interior wood pieces and interior go together. Like assembly prints. Any ideas out there? It would sure be nice to have a guide to look at when digging into my cab work.
Thanks!

Jeff

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
Hello Jeffs1936, the only wood is behind the dash at the lower front window and at the door hinge mounting areas vertically. I hope yours is in good shape because the hinge areas can cause alot of problems. I think the Stovebolt Tech has some manuals on adjusting the doors. I know 2 people that have welded angle iron in to fix these areas. I was very fortunate mine were in good shape.


1936 Chevrolet 1.5-ton SWB
"Murtahg"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

It's only original once.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
I would be interested aswell on any info or pictures. I just bought a 1936 1.5 ton chevy and will be doing the same.

Thanks, Keith

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Thanks for the info on this topic. Anyone who's already gone thru their own cab restoration on a '36 is welcome to add any more comments. They are greatly appreciated.
Also, Keith, check out www.chevywood.com.
See ya,

Jeff


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0