The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (tclederman, Wheelie, Woodcmiami, Bill Hanlon), 112 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#881056 09/08/2012 11:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I was watching Fast-N-Loud the other night, and Rich found and old Bruco Fire truck. It looked to be based on a 51 GMC chassis, that had 3 cabs welded together. It was totally cool and totally massive.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Whitedog #881059 09/08/2012 12:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
info about Brumbaugh/Bruco, including pics down the right - some look like Jolly's truck

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Flxible #881105 09/08/2012 4:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
I saw that show too and thought that truck was very cool. I would love to have it!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
bill, i think you watch too much tv grin

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
That's easy for you to say, you have one and sold one of the coolest fire bolts out there. I have to get my fire truck fix somehow.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
I just saw the rerun of this show last night. I wish they would had shown the truck up close and in detail as I've never seen one before. I was pitching the idea to my brother (co-owner of our '51 GMC) of making ours a stretched crewcab as I've never seen a crewcab stove bolt before. I almost fell of the couch when I saw that Bruco firetruck on the TV show.

Anybody know where I can learn more about them? Interested in who build the cabs (GM or Bruco) and how they went about it.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
I saw that truck in person and tried to buy it 5 years ago it was a nice truck. The cab was a nice conversion too. He wanted entirely to much for it when I asked him. Wish I had known he was selling that truck for that cheap. I would have owned it.
Thanks
Brad

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 476
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 476
If the cameras were rolling 5 years ago you would probably have it today Brad

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
That is how I feel too. He wanted 15000 for that truck and it was nice but needed a lot to get it right. He was outrageous in his prices. He has some cool stuff and A LOT of big bolts but he wants a mint for them. Oh well you win smoe and lose some.
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by Ameritowruston; 09/23/2012 11:01 PM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
hi i am new here and dont use th computer much but my son and i have a 1955 gmc 1st series that is a 4 door crewcab fire truck.i am in the process of updating the running gear,by the way it is a 450 series.i need info on up grading brakes to disc and want to put a 5.9 cummins in it.any help would be appreciated.thanks cat

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Cat,

Welcome to the stovebolt!

Rather than hijacking this thread why don't you start a new topic/thread about your fire truck project. It will then be easy for you to keep track of responses and ideas.

What are your plans for the truck...are you leaving it a fire truck? Tell us more and don't forget to give us a link to your pictures...we love pictures!

Again, welcome wave

Mike B smile



Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0