Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible),
125
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | I was watching Fast-N-Loud the other night, and Rich found and old Bruco Fire truck. It looked to be based on a 51 GMC chassis, that had 3 cabs welded together. It was totally cool and totally massive. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | info about Brumbaugh/Bruco, including pics down the right - some look like Jolly's truck Bill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | I saw that show too and thought that truck was very cool. I would love to have it! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | bill, i think you watch too much tv  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | That's easy for you to say, you have one and sold one of the coolest fire bolts out there. I have to get my fire truck fix somehow. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 7 | I just saw the rerun of this show last night. I wish they would had shown the truck up close and in detail as I've never seen one before. I was pitching the idea to my brother (co-owner of our '51 GMC) of making ours a stretched crewcab as I've never seen a crewcab stove bolt before. I almost fell of the couch when I saw that Bruco firetruck on the TV show.
Anybody know where I can learn more about them? Interested in who build the cabs (GM or Bruco) and how they went about it. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | I saw that truck in person and tried to buy it 5 years ago it was a nice truck. The cab was a nice conversion too. He wanted entirely to much for it when I asked him. Wish I had known he was selling that truck for that cheap. I would have owned it. Thanks Brad | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 | If the cameras were rolling 5 years ago you would probably have it today Brad | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | That is how I feel too. He wanted 15000 for that truck and it was nice but needed a lot to get it right. He was outrageous in his prices. He has some cool stuff and A LOT of big bolts but he wants a mint for them. Oh well you win smoe and lose some. Thanks Brad
Last edited by Ameritowruston; 09/23/2012 11:01 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 3 | hi i am new here and dont use th computer much but my son and i have a 1955 gmc 1st series that is a 4 door crewcab fire truck.i am in the process of updating the running gear,by the way it is a 450 series.i need info on up grading brakes to disc and want to put a 5.9 cummins in it.any help would be appreciated.thanks cat | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Cat, Welcome to the stovebolt! Rather than hijacking this thread why don't you start a new topic/thread about your fire truck project. It will then be easy for you to keep track of responses and ideas. What are your plans for the truck...are you leaving it a fire truck? Tell us more and don't forget to give us a link to your pictures...we love pictures! Again, welcome  Mike B  | | |
| |