| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59),
190
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,176 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | Almost done with '51 chevy truck but I am confused with the proper set up of the horn contact plate, button and the resene or not of a spring.
On the shop manual I saw what looks like a spring on the column....but can't seem to find a replacement at any local shop...do I need one ( I saw one at chevs of the 40s for 41-46)
Do I just set the steering wheel, the horn contact and the contact plate secured with the nut anf cap it off with the horn button?
Any help Thx, | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | Awesome! Thank you so much I found eveything but the retainer washer that goes between the spring and wheel...I mounted everything and all seems to work find without it...any idea what the retainer washer does? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | any idea what the retainer washer does? I don't know, maybe it keep the spring from digging into the wheel? I think you'll be OK with out it. | | |
| |
| |