The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Maybellene, Gazz), 103 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Greetings,

I have a Harrison (11 55) deluxe heater that I am getting ready to install. Does anyone have an assembly/installation manual for this heater? I am pretty sure I have all the parts assembled correctly, but am unsure of the connection between the two main assemblies.

I am pretty sure which holes it goes through in the firewall (I have lots to choose from, thanks to prior owners and their active hole saws), but want to get the cables right and the wiring done correctly. Here are a couple of pics of the heater I have:

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/fourbrads/57%20chevy/DSC03450.jpg

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/fourbrads/57%20chevy/DSC03618.jpg

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/fourbrads/57%20chevy/DSC03615.jpg

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/fourbrads/57%20chevy/DSC03454.jpg


Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim


1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside
235, 3-speed w/OD
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Jim - the whole install is shown in the Accessories Installation Manual .... you can find some pics here of the heaters - the firewalls had the locations marked for tubes of the 2 different model heaters, and the dash mat should have "knock outs" in those locations if you still have the original, the heater sets it's own location because of the piece that attaches to the kick panel opening, start from there .... the cables and wires really can only go where their length allows, pretty straight forward .... also, there are some "stand offs" not shown in your pics that go on the mounting studs to level the unit to the firewall and line it up to that kick panel opening, short pieces of 1/2 copper plumping pipe work

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Thanks Red58,

Was hoping someone had a copy of the manual pages I need, but it won't hurt me to spring for the whole book. Suspect I will need it in the long run.

I assumed I'd end up needing the spacers at some point (which I don't have), but don't know how long they are. Will the manual have that do you think?

Also, in the TF Heaters pic, is it the wide rubber band that holds the two ends of the subassemblies together? Together with the proper mounting procedure? Pretty sure they have the same output width and height.

Appreciate your time,

Jim


1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside
235, 3-speed w/OD
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the rubber sleeve just closes the joint, the 2 sections mount individually ... the book doesn't have dimensions, but I'll look at the one here and get the length today for you, there's one longer ... and OK, for instant gratification I put up the pictures from the book, 3 start here wink
OK, the spacers are 9/16 except the one on the long stud, which is 1 & 3/16

Bill

Last edited by red58; 09/08/2012 12:26 PM.

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Well now, that is just OUTstanding! Thanks very much. I hate to admit that I love the instant gratification...but there it is...

To assuage my guilt, though, I will get the book.

And, I appreciate you getting me the spacer sizes too. Owe you one!

Thanks again, Bill.

Jim


1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside
235, 3-speed w/OD
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0