The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (classicchevs), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#873410 08/09/2012 12:01 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
I have a small leak that looks like it's coming from the pinion seal flange area. I have a 1950 3600. I do not have it apart yet.

A few questions please. I assume I can remove the drive shaft yoke, then the bolts that hold the flange in place.

Is the seal in fhe flange?
Is there a 'crush' washer and/or pre-load?
NAPA lists a rubber seal for $23 (part number 25970) I believe it's a SKF seal. Any experience with it?

Thank you.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You have it right. Pull the yoke & flange. The seal goes in from the back side of the flange. There is no crush sleeve on this. Tighten it plenty tight & then go further to line up the cotter pin hole. The Napa seal should be OK. I prefer Nationa seals. There is a gasket in back of the flange. You can use RTV but put on a good bead as the flange does not go flush up to the houseing.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Thank you. It will be done...


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0