The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (78buckshot), 106 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,358
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Where can I buy new front parking light assemblies as my son's on his '53GMC are shot. Thanks

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
A lot of folks use "Classic Parts" or "Jim Carter's" for items like that. I've heard others mention "Chevys of the 40's" and "Patricks". "Brothers", "The Filling Station", and "LMC" get mentioned a lot. There are a lot of sources out there, and this list is hardly exhaustive.

Most of us probably have favorites, but these are mentioned often.

Welcome to the Stovebolt and have fun with the '53.


1947 3100 Advanced Design

Never, never, never, never give up. - Churchill
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Bdammers47 is assuming '53 GMC parking lights are reproduced. I don't believe they are. Nearly every Chevy part is reproduced but us GMC guys sometimes have to settle for used unless we can luck into NOS items.

Keep your eyes on Ebay & etc. In the mean time sign up at http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/ also.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 268
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 268
Lens, Lens Gaskets and Housing/fender gaskets are available.

But not the housing themselves.

Guide B50, I believe.


Dance like no one is watching,
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt.

1948 GMC FC101 1/2t Pickup w/270 and SM420
1948 GMC FC253 1t Factory 80"x9' Flatbed Dually
1948 Chevy COE 2 Ton 8'x15' Flatbed
1950 GMC 354-24 2 Ton 8'X12' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton 8'x14' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton Cab and Chassis
1942 Clarkator 6 MILL-44 Heavy Aircraft Tug
1942 Ford (9N) Moto Tug with 1/2 yard Loader
1947 Oliver OC3 HG-42 Tract-Crawler Bull Dozier w/6' Blade
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Thank you, I guess I will look for used parts.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
Originally Posted by cletis
Nearly every Chevy part is reproduced but us GMC guys sometimes have to settle for used unless we can luck into NOS items.
This surprised me when I was looking to use them as signal lights on my Chev.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
I am in the process of restoring the original front parking lights on my '52 GMC. They are Guide B-50's. If you do a Google search for that you will come up for some originals for sale. From that I learned they were also used for back up lights on Cadillac but from the pictures I saw the lens looks different than on mine. The lens are reproduced but not the base assembly.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Information on the 1947-1953 parking lights

The differences in the lenses are:

BACK UP LENS (B50 HOUSING - B29 LENS) ECCENTRIC PRISMATIC RINGS FROM BOTTOM TO TOP - ALSO HAVE TAPERED GASKETS BETWEEN LIGHT HOUSING TO FENDER

GMC PARK LENS (B50 HOUSING - F45 LENS) - ECCENTRIC PRISMATIC RINGS STOP AT 2/3 MARK AND HAVE A MAGNIFYING TYPE CLEAR GLASS TO THE TOP. ALSO HAVE FLAT GASKET BETWEEN LIGHT HOUSING TO FENDER

I believe that this information is correct, if not someone will provide the correct information.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Place a add in the parts wanted section,I bet somebody has a set for you.



Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I gave up trying to find and pay for real GMC parking lights. I used new repro Chevy lights for for a later year and they look quite similar.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
What year chevy truck?

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
Cleits: You are correct, I spoke too soon.

My apologies.

Bill


1947 3100 Advanced Design

Never, never, never, never give up. - Churchill
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I believe the ones I used are for 55 to 57 Chev trucks. They are in the Jim carter catalog. Parking Lights 55 to 57
By the way it appears his online catalog is improved and actually works now!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
I used back-up lights from an early 50s Chevy car for my '53 GMC. I rarely see those on ebay and NEVER see GMC park lights for sale.

Coincidentally, I was at the junk yard Saturday and as I was walking past an old MTA passenger bus I happened to look over and see a marker light on the side of the bus that looked identical to the parking/turn signal light on my '53 except that the lens was amber. The housing itself is plastic, but you cant see that with the lens and ring on it. The guy told me I could have anything off the bus I wanted. If that is a stock part on an old passenger bus it might be a good place to look for replacements for our old GMCs. Of course that might be the only bus with those lights on it.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 64
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 64
You should also try.. http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/ forum. Alot guys are one both.

I have two extra sets, to go along with 3 trucks. Found all on Epay... Lens I have new NOS bought under 1953 corvette as its the same lens. Not sure if the assembly is the same though. They do come up but you have to be looking often because they always sell.

Good luck you will find them. keep it GMC... LOL

Neal,


- NEALS49 - 2LOW4U -
"RECYCLE BUILD A HOT ROD"
"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB"
1949 GMC 100 Canopy Express On my Flickr
1949 GMC 100 SWB Deluxe Cab On my Flickr
1949 Chevrolet 6400 yard work truck
[b]1949 GMC 250 LWB 9' Deluxe Cab
On my Flickr
A whole lot of pics, 12K+ ..On Flickr Photo Group 47-55 AD
My Facebook Page NEALS49 MY GARAGE
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 64
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 64
Also get a hold of mothertrucker on here or the GMC forum under the same name, sure to have them...


- NEALS49 - 2LOW4U -
"RECYCLE BUILD A HOT ROD"
"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB"
1949 GMC 100 Canopy Express On my Flickr
1949 GMC 100 SWB Deluxe Cab On my Flickr
1949 Chevrolet 6400 yard work truck
[b]1949 GMC 250 LWB 9' Deluxe Cab
On my Flickr
A whole lot of pics, 12K+ ..On Flickr Photo Group 47-55 AD
My Facebook Page NEALS49 MY GARAGE
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Thanks to all,you have been a great help!

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 268
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 268
I bought a whole truck for parts that had cherry parking lights.


Dance like no one is watching,
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt.

1948 GMC FC101 1/2t Pickup w/270 and SM420
1948 GMC FC253 1t Factory 80"x9' Flatbed Dually
1948 Chevy COE 2 Ton 8'x15' Flatbed
1950 GMC 354-24 2 Ton 8'X12' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton 8'x14' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton Cab and Chassis
1942 Clarkator 6 MILL-44 Heavy Aircraft Tug
1942 Ford (9N) Moto Tug with 1/2 yard Loader
1947 Oliver OC3 HG-42 Tract-Crawler Bull Dozier w/6' Blade

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0