The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
Whats everyone running in thier trucks for sending units on the "under bed" mounted tanks? Preferably 12v
It seems the Suburban /panel version is no longer available.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
depending on the year, if it's a stock tank you should be able to use your old one to modify a pickup sender, for a different style replacement tank there's aftermarket 'universal' senders [which might work on an original tank too] .... and the voltage doesn't matter, it's resistance to look for > with a stock gauge you want a 30 ohm sender, not the more modern 90 ohms - should be able to get one from NAPA

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
I ordered mine from American Classic Parts.
sending unit


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
Thanks Red58 for the info

American Classic's phones are down, I went to ordered a 30ohn universal from Classic and they say that the universal one has no pick up tube?

Last edited by Newfisher; 07/19/2012 6:13 PM.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the tube is the primary difference of the in-cab and frame mount tank senders, the tube from your sender can be swapped over if it's not really rotten - if it's bad then you can fab up a tube to match the shape/length out of small tube for the one that Wayne linked above, even copper tube

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
I used the drain hole in the corner of the tank for the gas feed. I also run an inline filter to trap any junk that might get into the tank. My tank is also new.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Bot mine from Jegs and It came with the sender.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
(deleted off topic question)

(This question needs to be asked in it's own thread in HiPo shop.

Cletis)

Last edited by cletis; 07/20/2012 1:34 AM. Reason: off topic question

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the time.[/i]

1955 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0