| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,464 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | I have restored a 1949 chev. 1-ton truck with a stock 216. The things iv'e changed are .20 bore with aluminum pistons. I rebuilt the oil pump, and new bearings in the engine. I have 30w oil in it, When it's cold I have 30 lbs. pressure at about 1500 rpm I took it out for it's maiden run today And when I'm driving at normal speeds It is only showing about 5 to 10 lbs. of pressure. Is this normal? Thanks Guys.
49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics | | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 163 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 163 | Hello!
From my experience that sounds about right. My 216 has about 20 to 25 psi when cold, and the holds about 10 psi and I've been driving it for 20 years. My engine is internally stock.
Randy B. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | I am using 30W and the outside temp is 90 degrees. Terry
49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | You might try running 40w and see if the pressure goes up a little. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | I've seen 216's idle with the needle barely off of the engine off position.
Last edited by 6cylindersovertexas; 07/10/2012 11:02 PM.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | |
| |
| |