The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Steelonsteel, 55shaker, GRNHydra, WICruiser, 51sub, Wally / Montana, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#865517 07/09/2012 1:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
I am working on getting my 41 half ton titled and plates issued. I live in WI and the forms require the gross weight of the truck. I am assuming it is 4,500 lbs. Is this correct? I have no way of actually having it weighed.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Have a look here......http:/chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/4114htm


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Zippy, should not be close to that if it's a stock half-ton. My '40 KC is listed in one book I borrowed as 2840 lbs. Doesn't say if it's gross weight, but I think so. Yours should be well under 3500.

Last edited by 40casey; 07/10/2012 3:03 PM.

1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
My VIN plate is stamped 4600 lbs. It's a 1941 1/2 ton.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0