| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,490 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 | Just installed a new 3 Prong LED Flasher on my 52'. I have LED taillights out back and regular 2-wire parking lamps out front. The turn signals work perfect while the engine is NOT running, however, once I start the engine, the turn signal flasher blinks once and then blinks double and just acts strange as if something is interrupting it. Do I need a voltage regulator in line before the flasher? (My truck is converted to 12 volt and has an alternator) Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Try installing a standard 12 flasher.
You should only need the LED flasher if your running LED's front and back.
Good luck | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 | I tested the voltage to the light switch (power source) and when the engine is OFF, the multimeter reads 12.2 Volts. When the engine is running, the multimeter reads 11.84 volts. Could this cause the 12V flasher to stop working because it's under-powered? What would cause a drop in voltage while the engine is running? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Sounds like you have an alt. problem. The voltage should be about 14 volts with a well charged bat. with the engine running. If the bat is a little low it will be about 13 & slowly work up.
Last edited by Wrenchbender Ret.; 07/01/2012 2:29 PM.
They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 | I'll take the alt. and have it tested. Thanks for the info! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 146 | After testing the alternator at the local parts shop, found out it was bad. Now I'm getting 14 volts with the new one. The flasher still wasn't working after installing the new alternator, so I dug out the old 2 prong regular flasher and it works! I'm gonna pick up a regular 3 prong flasher this week so my indicator light will function. Wish I had asked this question before I ordered the heavy duty LED one! Thanks for your help | | |
| |
| |