The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Ok I have a quick Question in regards to Manuals for my 1930. I have in hand already:

A: 1930 Chevrolet Repair Manual (Shop Service Manual)
B: 1930 Instructions for the Operation of Chevrolet Motor Cars - Unversal AD (Owners Guide).

I am looking at getting a Parts List Manual/ Guide as I see that everyone refers to these guys and figured it could help me in my project. I would like to get one that has detailed Illustrations, Blow-ups, Exploded Views that are MOST directly related to my 1930 Chevrolet Universal AD Truck. Here is what I have found below available for sale around the net. Some of which are avialable on CD as well, I would like everyones opinion as to which guide would BEST serve my purpose in regards to restoring and building my 1930.

1: Master Parts Price List for Six Cylinder Models 1929-1930
2: Master Parts Price List for Six Cylinder Models 1929-1932
3: Master Parts Price List for Six Cylinder Models 1929-1954 - This one I have scanned through and so much of the info and drawings/ illustrations are of the new(er) models, much more then what I have on my good ole truck smile Makes it confusing to decypher what I am looking for and at !!


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
get what's available here for free first and you might not need anything else, the main use for parts books is to find what years used particular parts, and the price lists aren't as good as the parts and accessory catalogs, like the 29-57 book, just need to study the "group" numbering arrangement a bit and you'll get the feel of what applies to you

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

If there are pictures in those Master Parts Price Lists, buy the one closest to your year.

The Master Parts and Accessories Catalogs that Bill refers to have a lot of pictures. If you want to use a on-line MPaAC, I'd use the 1929-1954 Catalog, which might have more older illustrations.

Better yet, search for Master Parts Catalog Chev* in Google and on eBay. I found a 29-41 issue on eBay. The Filling Station sells one for 29-50.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Great...
I have a link for the old online chevrolet manuals, great info. My problem is with the new(er) versions it shows a lot of the New(er) features and options not avaialbe on my year. Also some of the parts are not listed or shown for my 1930 :/
I am looking at getting the 1929-30 to get info directly related to my model as it was built with the proper parts, and then the 1929-1932 for a reference manual and comaptability purposes. Figure best of both worlds smile
The manulas I am looking at are listed on eBay currently and also available directly from the seller's Website, A lot cheaper on eBay !!


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Yes, the larger the spread in years, the less information there is on the early years. That is especially true for the illustrations.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0