The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Gdads51, Cletus1950, cmayna, 55shaker, 3800GUY, Gray_Ghost, FAST55), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,253
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#861099 06/22/2012 4:34 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of the tail pipe for a chev. 1-ton with 9ft. bed? I need to have one made, and want it to be like the original. Thanks, Terry


49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Do you have a factory assembly manual? Maybe there is an illustration in there. I don't have mine handy right now.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Terry, I'll go take some pictures of mine in a few minutes and get 'em loaded up tonight.

Here they are

My truck is unrestored and only has less than 60,000 Tennessee miles on it (about 2,000 Maryland miles). I'm *assuming* that's the original muffler and tailpipe but I can not confirm it. The tail pipe does match what I see in the assembly manual, though. It is not quite in it's proper location, though -- it needs to be more to the driver's side frame rail to clear the spare tire carrier (once that's installed). I just got the parts to put the muffler and tailpipe back in it's proper location smile

I hope this helps.

Regards,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
on my 1 ton a short pipe was run just past the running board step exhausting just behind the cab. But this 1 ton is a flat bed if that makes any difference.


1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
Thanks to all of you, I used the info. and had one made. Terry


49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0