The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nick in Manitou, Bill Hanlon, moparguy, Peggy M), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I posted this in the bed forum but I don't think it gets as many visitors as this one.

I have a 1957 Chevy truck, long-bed. I am about ready to assemble the bed. It has been apart so long, I forgot how the mounting brackets for the bed side steps (gravel shields) bolt in. It looks like they bolt to the front sill (closest to cab), back side (to the rear) of the sill. The sill has two holes on each end, on one side. I think the sill needs to be positioned so the holes side faces the back of the truck. The sills are from Mar-K. Can anyone verify this or take a quick look under their Task Force truck?
Thanks.
don

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
My 59 is also a Mar-K bed with orig steps and brackets. I mounted mine like you stated; front cross sill w/ holes to rear of truck. Brackets with the concave side facing front of truck. Darren

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Thanks Darren, much appreciated. Very nice truck by way, beautiful job.
don


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0