The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, Joe H, WingWright, 3800GUY, Gdads51), 117 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,255
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#778384 09/06/2011 12:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 35
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 35
I have been working on a frame up restoration of a 1954 ¾ ton Chevy truck and converting it to an electric motor.
The truck was purchased on ebay in September 2010 and was located in Bemidji, Minnisota. A local transporter was hired to ship the truck to Huntsville, Alabama. Due to previous commitmentments, mainly working the sugar beet harvest the truck arrived at the end of November, it was in good condition.

Brimmer Sherman
Huntsville, Alabama
[email protected]

I have been working on it for a while and have posts and pictures at http://1954chevytruckevconversion.blogspot.com

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Making progress. Thats what its all about the frist decade smile
Now, more on the electric motor!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
Brimmer, I'm with Achipmunk: can you provide more information about your plans for the electric motor? What are you thinking?



Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
nrdesieyes - note this thread started a year ago .... check out the link to Brimmers blog, he's still putting the truck together, we're all waiting to hear about the 'electro-bolt' wink

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
I saw that link and read through Brimmer's blog -- Alas, no EV info. But now I'm interested....



Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 35
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 35
You are correct, I have been working on getting the truck restored first and am now working on the cab. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. Welding is my latest challenge and I expect to be done this summer.

Regarding the electric motor, I am going to the EVCCON 2012 in September to get educated on the EV part of the projetct.

Right now I am at a conference with my daughter in Pittsburgh and my job still gets in the way.

More to come.



Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0