The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Brian Moore, panel fan), 166 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#854081 05/25/2012 8:30 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
Does anyone know where to get the old rear rubber floor matting used in the Burbs and wagons rear? Jim Carter doesn't sell it.
Eric

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I have looked long and hard for that stuff for my panel. I finally bought the narrower rubber locally, easy to find up to 4' wide but not 5' wide. I glued the seam, not ideal but acceptable to me.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Eric,

What year?

From 47-55, the rear floor cover in GM Suburbans was glued-on linoleum. Panel trucks did not come with a GM floor mat/cover.

The floor is 54 inches wide - brown linoleum (as used from 47-53; black in 54/55) is available in the correct thickness. It has to be cut-to-fit and grooved, if you are interested in original appearance.

http://www.battleshiplinoleum.com/


Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by TooMany2count
Originally Posted by tclederman
Panel trucks did not come with a GM floor mat/cover.

That's odd my, '48 1 ton Panel/Bus had the brown linoleum glued to the floor when I got it & had the holes through floor & you could see the indentations on the floor where the bus seats sat on both sides went.....joe

I agree with Tim, the panels did not come stock from the factory with matting or linoleum on the rear floor, suburbans came with linoleum. Joe, your panel is a conversion and was used for hauling kids, I would bet that having linoleum was a requirement from the school contract.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joe,

I agree with George. The non-GM aftermarket conversion of a panel truck into an ambulance, or into a crew truck, etc, most likely had a different floor cover.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
Thank so much guys. The one I'm working on is a 54 Suburban so I need black right now. I have a wagon so its gonna need brown. Where can I buy each of em?
Eric


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0