The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 201 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,387
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#851073 05/13/2012 12:18 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I have an aftermarket turn signal device installed in my '51 Chevy, which has no indicator. Or rather it used to have one, but it failed catastrophically.

Anyway, as the signal device is non-canceling, I often mosey on down the road with a blinker on. -OMS- (Old man syndrome)

So I thought an indicator for the turn signals might at least alert my passengers, (wife, daughter) to the fact that the turn signals were still on. I bought a couple of LED panel lights from Radio Shack and installed them in one of the speaker slots. Press fit, no dash mod necessary. Wired them into left and right blinker circuit. The LEDs are 12 V. but work fine on a my 6V. system.

Here are pics:

Right signal on.

4 way flasher on.

Enjoy!

Kurt

Last edited by Kurt_51carryall; 05/13/2012 12:21 AM.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Good thinking!


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Nice, Kurt

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
That will make it easy to spot! With my column mounted switch, I still sometimes forget to cancel, like when somebody pulls out in front of me as I'm turning!!!!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
Thanks for the kind comment, guys. If anyone wants the part number of the LED give a shout. I think I still have the package.

Kurt

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
If you use your buzzer with that I don't see how you can miss! ;}


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0