The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85023 12/08/2004 10:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 19
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 19
Ive got a 53 1/2 ton p/u and I am replacing the vacume wipers with electric. I already have an after market new 12 volt fuse panel and the only place I am getting power that is on an available circuit is the radio slot. I currently don't have a radio in as of yet so I can use that temporarily but I need to know how I can use more of the panel. There are empty slots, but no wires
going to them. I assume I need to run some but don't exactly know how to get to the innards of the fuse panel. Do I need to take the panel completely off the firewall to get to them? Any help would be appreciated.

#85024 12/08/2004 11:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
I have an aftermarket fuse panel too. You can add circuits by just connecting wires to the unused spade connectors and installing a fuse. (until you run out of slots) You don't have to take the panel off the firewall.

However, I bet that my panel is different from yours as there are lots to choose from. Can you provide more details about your panel? Make and model number would help. Who did you buy it from? A picture would be super.


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
#85025 12/09/2004 11:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 19
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 19
Ill take a couple pics and send them to you or try to put them with my message.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
Hi Steve,
Here's your pictures in case someone recognizes the manufacturer know something about it (and may have a wiring diagram for it).
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/ghillsden/misc/FusePanel4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/ghillsden/misc/FusePanel5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/ghillsden/misc/FusePanel6.jpg[/img]

Here's something you can try: disconnect the battery. Insert one probe of your ohmmeter in the empty fuse socket and use the other probe to check the unused screw terminals to discover which one connects to the fuse.


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0