The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, Bogart's Truck, TexasA&M48Truck, Donf, kades51, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,369
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
I'm straining the brain here trying to figure out how to configure the belts and pulleys for a 1970 350 SBC set-up with stock P/S pump, alternator, and a future (not purchased yet) Vintage or Classic Air. This is in my '66 Gmc pickup. Looking at stock pulleys here. Moving the alt to the driver's side (no big deal). No big bucks for new serpentine set ups. Of all the articles I read about ones scavenged from '90's small blocks, they seem short on details. I'm afraid to buy something, even cheaply, and find out I'm missing a bolt hole or I need to buy more parts to make it work. The aftermarket air set-up has it on the passenger side up high. They have an option to mount it low, but you need to lose your stock feul pump to utilize the bolt holes. I just need a picture and a few details about pulley depth. HELP. Someone has to be using this set-up already. Thanks guys.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Not to be a smart a^* but if you had a 6 cylinder you probably wouldn't have this issue. ;>)

Seriously, if it were me I'd: A, look at a 1970 shop manual to see how the factory did it OR B, go to a few wrecking yards and see what is available on some of the older GM car.truck of that era. Not only will you see the setup but you might score the parts you'll need.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Thanks for the reply53MP. The six was pulled by the previous owner. Have to admit I would have too. I have a '70 Monte and '79 truck manual. Honestly, never occured to me. The '66 manuals don't show much, less with a/c. I need to figure this out quick because the biggest swap meet in Metro Detroit is Sunday and it's great for getting anything. I also know where some '70's pickups are hiding in the weeds but it's an hour drive. Thanks again but I was hoping for some good pics or info such as # of grooves or depth of pulleys.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Just looked thru my '70 Chevy, '71-'77 truck and '60-'66 p/u manuals. Nothing shows everything. I do need to check out the parts trucks though.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0