The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,441
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
Hello, I've searched an I am sure this has been covered but I can't find anything so my appoligies in advance for asking.

Other than the obvious, length, what are the differences between a 1/2 ton frame and a 3/4 ton frame? I need to undo a subframe on a project I bought. The truck was 3/4 ton and the previous owner shortened the frame and bed and made it a short wheelbase. It also had a subframe added which I have removed.

I have a 1/2 ton frame front section and would like to graft it on to my frame. The 1/2 ton frame seems thinner. I suppose what I am asking is are both frame sections from the cab forward the same?

Thanks,

Brent Wagner

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
what year is your truck


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
The truck is a '49 but with all the changes the previous owner made who knows what year the frame is, although I suspect the frame and body are mates.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
I also noticed some time back that the rails on another 3/4 ton I own are the separated the same distance from front to rear. And the 1/2 ton frames are spread more in the rear than the front.

Nevertheless my graft will be about 10" in front of the lower cab. Aside from the spread are the rails basically the same on the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton?

Last edited by Trucked Up; 04/24/2012 4:14 PM.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
8
New Guy
New Guy
8 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 35


An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
Thanks so much.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0