The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
I can't seem to find what the bolts for my pressure plate should be toqued to in any of the manuals. It is out of my 45 chevy 1.5 ton truck. It is a 9 hole P.plate with a 10 3/4" disc. Anyone know how many ft. lbs. these bolts should be torqued to?


1945 Chevrolet G 506 1.5 Ton Military 4X4
1967 Jeep Cj5 with 283 SBC
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy sleeve, I did try to look it up, but I couldn't find it, my memory says 25ft.lbs., hope that helps.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 253
Thanks 3B ! The motor and clutch went in the truck this morning after my last visit to Stovebolt forum. I did a hail Mary play and torqued them all at 40 FT LBS. None of them snapped so I'll probably be alright. I don't have the scatter shield or transmission bolted up yet so I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to re-do them at 25. I guess I'll sleep on it.


1945 Chevrolet G 506 1.5 Ton Military 4X4
1967 Jeep Cj5 with 283 SBC
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
They're 3/8"-16 Grade 8 bolts. 30-35 Ft./Lb. should be about right.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0