The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Hi There!

Hope you fellow stovebolters can help me. I purchased a 57 chevy 1/2 ton stepside. 235 engine.
It has the canister filter hooked up. The truck appears to be all original. I recently detailed the motor and went through a full tune up. I have a few other toys, but this is the only one that has the canister oil filter actually installed. So I wanted to replace the oil cartridge. When I opened the filter it had a cartridge that looked a little short and not wide enough for this canister. The cartridge had the manufacturer and part number: carquest 85076.

I ran that name and number on google.com and found that napa auto parts carried a filter with the same specs napa part number FIL 1076. I figured what the heck, I could live with this cartridge even if it was incorrect. I hit a snag though, when I went to replace the round rubber gasket with the one that was supplied with the new cartridge it was too short and caused the canister to leak oil bad. I ended up putting the old gasket and the leak stopped. I know this gasket is not going to last forever. I need to find out what canister my truck came with so I can buy the correct cartridge and gasket.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sergio

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
get a measurement from your can and compare to Purolator L30034 for a fit

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
I use the Napa 1100 cartridge in my ac Delco canister on the 55,fits and seals nice. good luck

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 20
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 20
I have 5572288, AC P-115, and Wix 51100 unless you hae the 2 qt filter, that would be 5572425 or AC P-117.


59 GMC rare fleet option stepside pickup
57 Chevy sedan delivery
57 Ma Bell windowed panel (gone)
57 Ma Bell 150 sedan (gone)
57 Burb with p/s, Apache Res. school bus (gone)
56 Navy 3100 pickup (pieces)
56 windowed sedan delivery (US Dept. of Ag.) (gone)
55 Navy 150 sedan (gone) and many others now gone
Founding father Desert Classics 55-57 Chevy club now gone

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0