| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (WICruiser, Youngin' Tut 59, Rick Brown, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln, KEVINSKI, 3800GUY, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
106
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,589 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | You know how in this hobby you seem to always get the order of build out of whack? One mal-whack is to paint the interior and then think about seat-belts. I have been looking and thinking about the Juliano 3-point belts for 4 or 5 years now. So last month I bought a set. I keep reading the directions and wondering if I really need to spot weld the two holes on the door post. Juliano's That would necessitate repainting the post and whatever else I gummed up. I assume the two 1/4 holes need securing to keep the plate from spinning. However I wonder if I could tap the holes and use a screw to hole the plate steady. I don't have the truck here right now but I wonder if there is enough room behind the post to fit a nut back there as well. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | There are special blind nuts that should work. Check with any good hardware store. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 |
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | It just so happens that the current issue of "Classic Trucks",May 2012, has a pic article for installing Juliano's 3 point belt system in a Tri-Five truck. Perhaps info there will help you.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I don't see why the nut needs to be welded. Once it's tight it aint going anywhere. On my '56 I welded a bar to the nut and poked it up in the hole. You might be able to do that on the AD to hold it while you tighten the bolt. '56 belt install | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | I put Juliano's 3 points in my 51 panel.
I'm not acquainted with the set up on a pickup, but, I did weld in the plate. I'm covering that area around the plate with upholstery (headliner) material anyway, so, I'm happy with the installation. Juliano's stuff is great and I've but in several sets of harnesses and belts over the years
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 | I suggest you take a look at Seatbelt Planet https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seat-belt-101/ It looks like they make Juliano's product and sell for about 20 less per side! You can't go wrong with their directions either! Les | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | To late for me. Just finished installing Julianno's on Sunday.
~Jim
| | |
| |
| |