| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 24 | Hi Jon, Since I haven't seen other responses I'll give you what little info I have.
The actual cable looks pretty much like the tri-five Chevy wagon cables; (see Danchuk etc.) but I believe the length is different. I've seen notes that they can be adapted but I have no real info. The swaged ball at the gate end is about 7/16 diameter on my burb. This seems bigger than the commercially availble general purpose versions.
I could measure the partially shredded cable that I removed from mine but that dimension would only be approximate. Let me know if you need more info or if you find out anything as I need cables also. It's just that there are other issues I'm dealing with first.
John | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 320 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 320 | Jon,
Search the panel and burb forum. There are a number of threads on this, including one discussing fabbing your own form standard hardware i belive.
Maybe one of the other bolters who have done this will chime in as well.
Ned | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 28 | Thank you both. I found a bolter that can do it once I measure up my truck he should be able to make them I will keep you informed
Thanks John and Ned!!
Jon | | |
| |
| |