The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 122
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 122
My GMC 248 came without many of the bolts I will need to put if back together. Also the top radiator hose inlet / thermostat housing is missing. I've done some looking and American Classic Truck Parts had a set of bolts but it was supposedly for a 235 Chevy. Same with the top radiator hose inlet / thermostat housing. My question is are these interchangeable to the 248 or am I outta luck?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I don't know if the bolts are compatible but I hardly think you are out of luck. As far as I know GMC doesn't make their own bolts and I am certain that bolt manufacturers would not make bolts that are exclusive to any particular engine. In other words I am certain there is a lot of compatibility.
I know the GMC rad has the hole on the side of the tank whereas the Chevy hole is in the centre. If that makes the thermostat housing different I could not say.
There is a good GMC truck site on the web and they could probably tell you more and they have a swap section where you might find the housing.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0