| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#83930 10/09/2007 5:30 AM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 | My GMC 248 came without many of the bolts I will need to put if back together. Also the top radiator hose inlet / thermostat housing is missing. I've done some looking and American Classic Truck Parts had a set of bolts but it was supposedly for a 235 Chevy. Same with the top radiator hose inlet / thermostat housing. My question is are these interchangeable to the 248 or am I outta luck? | | |
#83931 10/09/2007 5:47 AM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | I don't know if the bolts are compatible but I hardly think you are out of luck. As far as I know GMC doesn't make their own bolts and I am certain that bolt manufacturers would not make bolts that are exclusive to any particular engine. In other words I am certain there is a lot of compatibility. I know the GMC rad has the hole on the side of the tank whereas the Chevy hole is in the centre. If that makes the thermostat housing different I could not say. There is a good GMC truck site on the web and they could probably tell you more and they have a swap section where you might find the housing. | | |
| |
| |