The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#837338 03/21/2012 7:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
I have a saddle tank out of a 48 Chevy that I an installing on my COE. Does the line pickup line in the tank have a check valve in it. I'm trying to clean the line and can't blow nor get a piece of wire through it. The tank had some junk in it but was in fairly good shape. I also put 100 LB psi through it, no luck. I'm attempting to work the line from the outside in (reverse of the way the gas would go).


Jason
1946 GMC COE
1967 Pontiac Lemans Convertible

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/jrpontiac/library/?sort=3&page=1
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Jrpontiac, all the tanks I've been involved with have had nothing but an open connection in them, hope that helps.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Lots of pick up tubes had a screen soldered to them to keep from sucking trash. If the gas in the tank evaporated the screen could be blocked with shellac. If it were mine I'd pull it out, clean and inspect it.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
I cut a hole in the top of the tank, no check valve. Pickup top was just clogged, cleaned it out with choke cable housing attached to my drill. Welded up hole and am good to go.


Jason
1946 GMC COE
1967 Pontiac Lemans Convertible

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/jrpontiac/library/?sort=3&page=1

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0