| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | I have a saddle tank out of a 48 Chevy that I an installing on my COE. Does the line pickup line in the tank have a check valve in it. I'm trying to clean the line and can't blow nor get a piece of wire through it. The tank had some junk in it but was in fairly good shape. I also put 100 LB psi through it, no luck. I'm attempting to work the line from the outside in (reverse of the way the gas would go). | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Jrpontiac, all the tanks I've been involved with have had nothing but an open connection in them, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Lots of pick up tubes had a screen soldered to them to keep from sucking trash. If the gas in the tank evaporated the screen could be blocked with shellac. If it were mine I'd pull it out, clean and inspect it. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | I cut a hole in the top of the tank, no check valve. Pickup top was just clogged, cleaned it out with choke cable housing attached to my drill. Welded up hole and am good to go. | | |
| |
| |