The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (FAST55, Hanks custodian, klhansen, Jay R, BC59, sron48, Jon G), 173 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,155
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#836986 03/20/2012 6:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
How do you install a front bumper apron. I bought a new front bumper and the brackets and a new apron. My truck didn't have a apron on it and I can't find any install instructions.I have a brake down book of my truck but the pictures don't help. I have the apron on but it doesn't look right to me. Can anybody help!

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
Part #s, supplier, and pic's?
Especially the pics... The guys who know will need to know those bits...


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
I have to pics but don't know how to load them. I bought the the parts at brothers in corona ca.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
Yes it is steel.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
...pic...

...pic...

...pic...

above are pics of a steel apron I purchased from Truck Shop in Orange. 1950 3100

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally Posted by Chuck49
I have to pics but don't know how to load them.
Upload your to pics a photo hosting site like photobucket or others. Then link your pics in the post

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
Thank you very much the pictures helped me. the apron tightens to the bumper brackets. I didn't use the center bolt on the apron.When I tightened the other bolts the apron holes twisted up. I shimmed the apron out with a washer to better center the apron between the bumper and the grill and tightened the bolts and the holes twisted up. I'm going to take the shim washers out they didn't help. Should I mount the bumper brackets first? How do I keep the apron holes from twisting when I tighten up the bolts?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
I installed the bumper brackets first, left the bolts loose, and just started the nuts.

This will give you a little side to side play so you can line up the bracket with the bumper and apron. I may have temporally used some longer bolts through the frame

Went to Lowes and bought a few long carriage bolts for the bumper to start off with.
Then drew it in with the nuts. Once everything was assembled changed the carriage bolts (one for one) with the bumper button head bolts.

I had to use a strap ratchet on the bumper brackets to line everything up.
I used repo brackets and the fit was poor.

What I did was leave everything loose, started all my fasteners. Then started to tighten

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
Thank You for all the help!

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
Also make sure you have your bumper brackets installed correctly, there is a left and a right. If you get them backwards your bumper will be mounted too high.

Chuck


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0