| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,459 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | Hey guys. I am deciding on how to do the suspension on the front of my 52 3600. It will be supporting a small block v8. The plan for my truck is an old original look but with modern conveniences. Im not going to lower the truck or anything like that. Although I do want to run an air ride system for different reasons. I want to be able to adjust the stiffness of the ride according to what is being done with the truck. I want to remain around stock ride height or a little higher. I going back with the skinny knobby looking tires farmers would have use back then but radials. Have any of you guys built one off front suspension on the original frame? bc Im really not looking to go into a frame swap. Im wanting to be a little different. Or what have you guys done similar? thanks | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 229 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 229 | how about a 3 link set up with custom brackets for the original axle with some air bag springs in place of shocks. guys do it on solid axle 4x4s all the time. i dont know why it wouldn't work with the original axle.
MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | the air bags on the leaf springs would def be an easy way to get the ride height. I like the 3 link idea I may do some more research on that. thanks guys.
Grigg how do you like the air assist bags as adjusting ride firmness?
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I've driven my truck a few miles down the road and back and it rides good. However I don't have any real use on it yet so time will tell if its a great system. And I still need to put shocks on it. I don't have any worries about it though.
Grigg | | |
| |
| |