The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, moparguy), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,684
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
i have a 46 1/2 ton, i just converted it to open driveline, and the t-5 tranny i have has electronic speedometer, I wanted to know if there was any way to hook, up my speedometer without tearing my tranny apart?

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 99
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 99
In looking into changing my transmission, I found this device
http://www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm
I haven't used it but I spoke to them. They were very helpful on the phone.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
It's only $325, and I thought it was going to be expensive!


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
thanks for the info, gonna check this out

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
The Cable-X device seems to be the only game in town, other than ripping into the tranny!

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
I just found out that Sun (Sun Tach folks) have a couple of universal electronic speedos! They are around $150.00 if you can use them. $200.00 cheaper than cable X!

Les

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
is there a website that I can checkout?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Give these guys a call. http://www.zepco.com/ I converted a lot of cable driven spedos and tachs to programmable electronic during the 80's and they have people that understand speedos and tachs.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
The company that makes and sells the "Cable X" is www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm. I have spoken with them and they are willing to take their time with a novice and help you "spec out" what you need.

For Sun, try www.sunpro.com/

Les


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0