The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (BC59, 46truck, Ponchogl, Shade Baby, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible), 112 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,121
Posts1,056,328
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 103
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 103
I know this has been discussed many times and I have read some of the posts, but I'm still uncertain. I have a 48' big bolt that had a positive battery cable attached to the frame and a negative cable to the starter with solenoid. The coil is connected with negative. I found a foot starter at a salvage yard from a truck just like mine in every way except the starter was connected with a positive battery cable. Was my truck wired wrong or the one in the salvage yard?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
"48 big bolt" doesn't tell us much about what you have. If yours is a GMC it came with positive ground.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 103
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 103
sorry cletis,
I have a chevy loadmaster, 2 ton, 235 engine, 4 speed trans and 2 speed timken rear.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
should be a neg ground......


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Agree with joker...and, joker, love that side molding trim on the '52 hotrod!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
maybe the previous owner wanted it to be like a gmc grin


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0